Attracted to the opposite sex as we are, getting over a crush seems to be almost an impossible task for us. How do we forget someone whom we’ve developed an attraction for and without whom we can’t seem to live.
Well, the above lines are what ‘you think about getting over a crush’, not me! That’s why I’m here to give you advice on how you can get over that pretty young lady or that handsome stud.
How to Get over a Crush:
1. Stop thinking about them – The first step in overcoming attraction for someone is by not thinking about them at all. I know it’ll be hard for you early on, but just try to focus somewhere else or whenever you start thinking about your crush, just divert your attention on to something else.
2. Get out – Yep, get out of your house and start meeting up with people. Meet old pals, current buddies or make new friends. The idea is to have fun in your life by interacting with other people and slowly forget about your crush.
3. Minimize contact – Avoid as much contact with your crush as possible. The less you stay in touch with that person, lesser will be your agony. Stop looking at them, stop chatting with them and just try to lessen their importance in your life.
4. Cultivate new hobbies – If you are already interested in something, join classes for it or if you don’t have any specific interest, just take up a hobby and literally dive into it. You can also start going to the gym or join a local community center or sports club, which means dual advantage for you; one, you’ll meet loads of positive people; second, you’ll stay fit as well.
5. Date someone else – Start dating people who seem interesting and a have a fun outlook towards life. Generally such people ooze with confidence and always remain positive. Although the idea here is to have some fun, who knows you might develop a liking for that person.