Though most people often have the myth that being in a relationship is the best thing that could happen to you, the truth is almost the exact opposite of this. Being single is a boon in itself; it allows you to have total control & freedom over your life and you don’t have any responsibility or commitments to fulfill as well. If you’ve recently broken up with your partner or are frustrated about not being in a relationship, here are some reasons as to why you should be happy being single:
1. More Freedom – The number one advantage of being single is that you can do whatever you want to in your life and lead your life the way you want to. There is no obligation or responsibility of any kind, you are free to fulfill all your needs & demands and pursue all your passions without anybody instructing you on how to go about your life. Enjoy this new found freedom and make full use of it. Go to parties, clubs, movies, museums or wherever you like.
2. Meet New People – Being single gives you the opportunity of meeting new people and coming across a wide range of personalities. If you had been in a relationship, it would have been immensely difficult for you to take out time to meet new people. So embrace this change and utilize it to the maximum.
3. Take Control of Your Life – Now that you have plenty of time for yourself, figure out what you can do to improve your life. May be you always wanted to exercise or pursue a hobby but could never find the time to do it. Take this opportunity and take your life to a new level.
4. Find a Hobby – Figure out some hobby of your interest and actively pursue it. You’ll soon find yourself totally immersed in this new found way of spending time and will start loving it. Having a hobby also gives you something fascinating to talk about with others, and makes you a more interesting person. If you can’t think of any such hobby, join some organization or local club that matches any/some of your interests.
5. Fix Your Emotional Side – Most of the times people get into a relationship just to cover up the unsolved problems in their life. It is most likely that this is the case with you as well. Find out what makes you susceptible as a person, may be it’s your low self-confidence or low self-esteem. Whatever it is, know that you can easily overcome it and do something about it right now. You can find a wide range of articles on boosting self-confidence & self-esteem on this site, so read them now and fix all your problems.
In addition to these tips, I would highly recommend reading the book End Your Depression since depression alone is the biggest reason that makes people want to get into a relationship, and subconsciously it is what affects you as well. This book has helped millions of people worldwide, so I highly recommend you to check it out now. Once you read it, you will start enjoying your life being single and never get depressed again.